Evaluations & Admitting, 2634 Capital Circle NE, Tallahassee, FL
$12.50/hr - $15.65/hr
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with a major in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education or a related humans services field.
- One (1) year of related work experience in a mental health-related field required.
- Inpatient psychiatric experience preferred.
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Employment references check
- Drug screening
- Produce official college transcripts
- Shift is 11:00 pm - 8:00 am, Monday-Friday
- Ability to complete assessments and develop treatment recommendation for individual cases.
- Demonstration of leadership qualities and the ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to actively listen to others to establish and maintain effective working relationships demonstrating understanding, patience and tact in dealing with patients, personnel and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to screen for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, withdrawal symptoms, and co-existing mental health problems; and determine the client's readiness for treatment and change. ability to screen for aggression or danger to others, and potential for self-inflicted harm or suicide.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, maintain appropriate therapeutic relationships, empathize and communicate with clients and manage aggressive behavior.
This position is eligible for medical and dental insurance at 78% paid by Apalachee, group life and long-term disability insurances at 100% paid by Apalachee, and profit sharing plan at 100% paid by Apalachee. Additional benefits available at employee expense are cancer, accident, and short-term disability insurances.
How to Apply
Click on the Apply button (below) to submit a completed Apalachee Center Employment Application.
Resumes, CVs, or other supplemental materials are not accepted in place of a completed Employment Application, but may be uploaded to a completed online application.
Please notify the Human Resources Department in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
Apalachee Center, Inc participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires Apalachee Center, Inc to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Apalachee Center, Inc. does not tolerate violence or harassment in the workplace. Apalachee Center, Inc. is an at-will employer. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Drug-free workplace. Apalachee serves Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor and Wakulla counties.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications